Does anyone know what I’m talking about? It looks like this, and Baskin Robbins does it best:
I wasn’t very fond of clowns, but I thought these were most magnificent when I was a kid. Put a face on a food, and I was sold.
I had a rubber toy of an ice cream cone clown, and it also smelled like vanilla. My mom says I used to chew on them like I was trying to eat it for real.
When I made the ice cream cone cookies a while back, I had to make these. It was an integral part of my childhood.
for the clown cone cookies:
royal icing in: white, orange, brown, black, pink, & red
colored fondant for the “topping”
order of piping:
1. outline & fill orange hair
2. outline & fill the sugar cone
3. outline & fill face, pipe cheek blush & let it sink
4. pipe the criss-cross on the cone. add stars for the hat.
5. pipe the curly on the hair
6. pipe eyes, nose